Poisonous Mushrooms by Genus & Species
Complete flashcard set available here
Access to content marked * requires membership.
Read more about becoming a member here.
Using the Mushroom Flashcards
The mushroom flashcards are designed to help you learn the Family, Genus, Species (where appropriate), and Common Name (if available) for mushrooms common to the Pacific Northwest.
- Go to the flash card page. After a brief delay, an array of mushroom image tiles will appear. You can click the Shuffle button at any time to randomize the order of the tiles, or reload the page to restore them to their original order.
- When you click a tile its flashcard appears with images and detailed info about the mushroom.
- In the upper left or right corner you’ll find a rectangular mask which obscures the Family, Genus, Species (where appropriate), and Common Name (if available) for this mushroom. Simply click the mask at any time to remove it.
- Note: A phonetic spelling, denoting the Latin pronunciation, appears in parentheses following the scientific name.
- To close the flashcard, click the (X) in the upper right corner, or press the <esc> key on your keyboard.
- (Hint: after you click the mask, you can click anywhere on the screen to close the card.)